As HMS Hotel Management System, we are working for make our valued partners’ jobs easier.
During this challenging Covid Epidemic, we have developed a form where you can record Travel Information, Contact Information, Disease Information and daily Body Temperature Information that you have to keep for your guests, and we have made it available to you, as free.
Now all you need to do is to enter the guest list in the reservation and print out the Covid-19 Certificate.
Whether you’re a boutique property, an upscale resort, or anywhere in between, all hotels endure days, weeks, months when vacancies outnumber occupancies. Every hotel or resort has a slow period, an off-season when a hush falls over your property and your hotel marketing team is scrambling for ways to fill rooms.
While we can all dream about one day enjoying a bustling hotel year-round, until then let’s carve out hotel marketing strategies to increase occupancy and boost revenue during your low-demand periods. Here are tactics to build into your hospitality marketing strategies to increase hotel room occupancy during off-season emptiness.
Get to know the ebb and flow of your occupancy. What are the weekends, weeks, months when your hotel slows down? Review your hotel’s monthly forecast and identify the times that occupancy has been consistently low. The earlier you start planning for your need date period, the more time you have to brainstorm with your team and build effective strategies to boost room bookings during that time. You should be developing your strategy two to three months in advance.
Updating your pricing policy as periodical and changing your room prices according to occupancy rate of hotel is so important for increase or decrease the sell rates.
For instance, at the peak periods or when you have a few rooms left, you can increase your room prices for get more profit from the reservations. Or exact opposite at the off-season you can decrease room prices for get more reservations. Let’s practice about that.
First of all, you need to check your forecast report. In this report you can change the date from top of the page and you can find the occupancy rate day to day and monthly total at this report. According to these rates you can set a course for get more reservations. In this case as you can see, your occupancy rate is so low. So, you can decrease the room prices.
For the show your prices you can use Period Prices > Overview buttons on the left menu. If these prices need some discount, you can use the Batch Updates for decrease them. For instance, let’s make some discount like ten per cent.
In the exact opposite case, we can increase them for get more profit on the peak season.
Another option for get more profit is Non-Refundable pricing policy. You can use that policy if you want to get your money for canceled reservations too. Non-refundable rates are cheaper than the refundable rates and guests prefer the Non-refundable rates then Flex rates because of that.
Some times your guests can’t use these reservations. If that happens that means you can sell that room to another one without losing any profit.
For the setting that Non-refundable rate, you can use Facility > Room Type button on the left menu. In the Room Type List, you need to edit a room type. After that you need to click Pricing Policy option.
In the Pricing Policy page, you can change your per-person rates and non-refundable rates.
You can use HMS Online Reservation Module for get reservations from your official website without paying commission. This module works as integrated with your PMS system and get prices, restrictions and availabilities from it. Also, you can change the prices with special value for it on the batch update screen.
Let’s make an example reservation for the hotel. First of all, guests need to select a room and room count. After that, they can go to next step with using Make Reservation button.
In this screen your guests will fill the guest information.
After that they can go to next step, the payment screen. You can manage these payment options at HMS with using Tools > Finance > Payment Type page on the left menu. At the end, guest will Create Reservation. If guest selects the Mail Order option, you will get the credit card information on the Channel Reservation page.
As you can see, the reservation is placed to room which is a Family Room. After that you can change the room number if you want.
For editing and uploading your room type photos, you can use Facility > Room Type option on the left menu. On this page, you need to edit which room type you want to upload photos. After that, click the Photos button. On this section, you can upload new photo or delete which is uploaded before. When everything is ready, you need to save it.
YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEB RESERVATIONS IN ONE PLATFORM
With the HMS Online Reservation Module, you can create special links to both your website and your social media accounts for the reservations you receive, and thus you can create the reservation statistics you receive.
In this way, you can increase the popularity of your hotel and the reservations you will receive by turning to the platform that is most important to you.
INVALUABLE SUGGESTIONS FOR INCREASING YOUR SALES FROM HMS
Wouldn’t you like to turn crisis into opportunities? Here are our suggestions we have prepared for you;
- Particularly you should avoid to increasing or decreasing your prices suddenly. If the price increase made with a hasty decision is not made in the equivalent hotels, it will keep your occupancy low or the price decrease will cause you to not get enough income even if the hotel is full.
At this point, the important thing is to detecting the right price. You can use OTAs to find the right price and you can follow similar hotel prices in your area. You can apply promotions after the pulling prices above the right level for attracting the customer. You can follow the previous season’s income and occupancy in the same periods by using the reports you receive on our system and determine your policies with these reports.
- Feel free to work with more OTAs, more channels mean more online visibility and advertising. With HMS, you can manage all these channels from a single panel, so you can easily manage prices, availabilities and restrictions. Also, HMS will manage your availabilities Thus, your availability is automatically calculated and sent to all channels in every new reservation, cancellation and change without losing work and time.
- Create remarkable promotions at the OTA’s. You can make promotions encourage long-term accommodation, like stay 3 nights, pay 2.
- You can change your hotel concept as Isolated Hotel in order to provide a healthy service your guest and to protect you and your employee’s health, especially during this epidemic.
- Website is most important thing for an accommodation provider. You should keep your website up-to-date, upload high quality images and content for meeting your potential guests which are searching regional by searching engines. Also, you will able to get reservations with our online reservation engine as commission-free.
- Online reviews are so important for your service and hotel. Remember this, these reviews will be shown by your potential guests and these reviews will be so important for first impression. Our Guest Relations module can be used for get feedbacks from your guests and with this way, you can see yourself how your guest’s see you.
- Global Distribution Systems is following by almost 600.000 agencies per day. These systems make your hotel more visible too.
IT’S RIGHT TIME TO USE HMS HOTEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The best method is using the channel manager to manage your facility in the best way and save you from unnecessary workload and time loss during these uncertain times that you prepare for new reservations. Your channel manager should be working faster than ever, especially while waiting for the new season. Therefore, with our channel manager system;
- Transmitting instant data flow to OTAs in the fastest way and shortest time,
- Easily manage cancellations and date changes during this epidemic when reservation changes are intense,
- Update your periodic prices, restrictions and availability on OTAs with one click,
- You will have a channel manager that you can integrate with without fear of how to manage with a large number of channels.
In this process, where risk and process management, finance and income management are more important than ever, you can easily manage your facility with the help of our expert staff by working with HMS.
Contact now and enjoy the benefits of using HMS.
START USING HMS AND GET BENEFIT WITH FIRST MONTH FREE OPTION
COVID-19 epidemic spread all around the world and most of business sectors affected negatively. The tourism sector is also at the top of the table as one of the sectors most affected. We will have some suggestions for you to manage this period in the most effective way. During this period, everyone’s thought is to reduce their expenses. As HMS, remember that we are with you to while you reducing your costs.
First of all, we need to be aware that these uncertain times will be end and make long-term forward-looking decisions. For this reason, we would like to state that we cannot think about what we say in the short term, but we can improve your facility prospectively. For this, here are our ideas;
– Leave the management of your facility to HMS with fair prices. In order to support you in this process, we also offer our free first month subscription options, the hotel management system you need and our Channel Manager system that works integrated with online platforms. You will not need to buy it separately, so you will not spend extra unnecessary money and keep your money in your pocket in such a period like now.
– Your sales will increase with the commission-free online booking module.
– By contracting with direct sale channels and adding online travel agencies that you have not contracted before, you will strengthen your online platform, maximize your sales and prevent your hotel from being empty. Agreement with maximum online travel agencies will increase your presence and visibility on the online platform.
We offer you both the channel manager and the hotel program on a single platform without paying too much for other channel managers and hotel programs and without having to buy them separately. You have many good reasons to choose us and the most important ones are;
– Budget-friendly and economical
– First month free use option
– No Commission for Online Reservation Module
– Everything you need on one platform
– Hotel Management System and Channel Manager in one platform
Today, millions of travelers are using online reservation systems and hotel industry is trying to suit up online and demand is growing up for accommodation sector. These components bringing the competition for hoteliers.
It doesn’t matter you are a big branded hotel or a bed&breakfast. If you want to competing with thousands of hotels, you have to suit up the online.
Here are some strategies for being online!
- First of all, you need to introduce yourself clearly. When guests booking a hotel, they are not considering only prices. Hoteliers explanations are so important at this point and if you explain what drives you to provide the guest experience that will be so effective for guest choices.
- Websites are really effective for guest if your web site have content. But that shouldn’t be forgotten, content is so important. If the content is not effective, it can break your success too. At this point, you should prepare contents for your target market. For example, if you have a countryside hotel, you should talk about how will they enjoy the nature at your hotel. You need to make an interesting and impactful content for your website.
- Advertising on the internet can be expensive for you. If you want to competing as online, a strong Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will help you to succeed. SEO is an online marketing strategy for unpaid search engine results.
- If you want to be successful, you cannot ignore your online reviews and ratings. Keep an eye on your reviews, this is so important for understanding what guests are thinking about your brand and their wants.
- Being partner with online travel agencies a must for competing as online. OTA costs and third-party reservations can be expensive for you but that will increase your visibility online.
- Metasearch can be use at this point. Registering the free metasearch sites will help you to reach millions of potential guests and that will improve your visibility. With metasearch sites you can get direct bookings too.
Revenue Management is the most important way to success in hospitality industry. Effectively managing the rates and availabilities will drive to success your property and revenue and reports will be most valuable resources for managing your rates while increasing your revenue.
Small accommodation properties don’t have much time and manpower while bigger ones have. And branded hotel’s knowledge is coming from well understanding these reports and interpret that. That reports will help you to make your decisions for positive outcomes.
What is the KPI?
Key Performance Indicator is defined how effectively a company achieving key business objectives.
1st – Occupancy Rate
This indicator defines the ratio of the number of occupied rooms to the total number of available rooms.
Occupancy Rate = Occupied Room / Available Room
With this ratio, you can create your own revenue management strategy.
2nd – Revenue Per Available Room (RevPar)
RevPar ratio defines the ratio of the room revenue to total available room count.
RevPar = Total Room Revenue / Available Room
Revpar does not include other revenues like restaurant, spa, etc. This ratio can be used for comparing your room revenue performance to equal other properties.
3rd – Average Daily Rate (ADR)
ADR defines average daily revenue per paid room.
ADR = Room Revenue / Rooms Sold
While calculating the ADR you should not include the available room count. With this ratio, you can get the how much money was brought in per room.
4th – Gross Operating Profit Per Available Room (GopPar)
GopPAR is one of the most commonly used KPIs for Revenue Management. And it is one of the most effective ways to measure hotel performance and make adjustments that best suit your goals.
GopPar = Gross Operation Profit / Available Room Count
5th – Net Revenuer Per Available Room (NrevPar)
NRevPar is similar to RevPar except that it distrubition costs, transaction fees, travel agency commissions etc. But this metric has a problem to calculate which is this commission and fees can be changed from a travel agency to another one. So, NRevPar is not an apple to apple comparison.
NRevPar = (Total Room Revenue – Distribution Costs) / Available Rooms
What should you do?
- Adopt long-term approaches rather than short-term approaches. Like quarters, seasons etc.
- Check your local tourism websites for information about your competitors.
- Don’t panic and decrease the rates when you have less demand of historically busy season. More guests don’t mean more revenue always. When you are decreasing the rates, you have to make sure your profit still greater according to demand.
- Make your own reports after a low demanded month and figure out what is causing that.
- Get your room reports every end of the day and compare it to your arrivals, departures and revenue for identifying the potential problems.
- Make your own reports for guest happiness. It should be not forgotten that, happy guests give high points to your online profiles.
You should always remember that none of big properties did not come to this point without these critiques and their knowledge comes from information. Make you own reports and use them smartly.
HMS Training Videos on Udemy, Now!
By reaching a 30-minutes training set about HMS Hotel Management System via Udemy, you can learn about the general use of the system for free and you can send us your questions.